Long awaited updates are finally here! Unfortunately we have to start with bad news…
On July 1st, 2018 our support email received the following message from Fantage.com:
Fantage.com admins have been informed of a possible copyright infringement against our digital items. Fantage.com has not given permission for any third parties to use any digital content, illegal use of Fantage.com assets is strictly prohibited and Fantage.com will pursue necessary action if needed.
So there are a few things that could have happened:
- Someone notified Fantage.com about what we were doing. (Thanks anonymous)
- Fantage.com found out about our project themselves based on the recent spike in popularity in our project.
What does that mean for Fantage Legacy Edition?
- We have no options but to cancel this project.
So… what do we do now?
- Time to commence Plan Z. (I love Plan Z.)
M, what is Plan Z?
- Plan Z is our backup plan. Our backup plan is simple… Create a new game SIMILAR to Fantage.com. So we can’t use THEIR content, however if we create new content based off of their content… we are in the clear. The full creation of this game will be a very slow, and very time consuming process. So we need YOUR help.
- Starting today (July 12th, 2018), we will be holding a contest. To all of the creative, artistic users out there, here is your shot to impress the world:
- We need new avatar designs, new location designs, and new user-interface designs.
- DIGITAL DESIGNS (Using programs such as: Photoshop, Paint.NET, Illustrator, Paint, Flash) will be the only entries we will accept. Please do not send us hand drawn entries.
- We want a design SIMILAR to Fantage. Not the exact same thing, but SIMILAR. (Yes we still want human avatars, hover-boards, and Agent Scarlet)
- The theme of Plan Z will remain the same as Fantage… futuristic, fun, and fantastic. (Yes we still want chibi, anime characters based on the characters from Fantage.)
- Send your designs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The contest will be open until (July 31st, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST)! Users will have until then to show us their creative skills! I even heard from a trustworthy source that if a winner agrees to work with us, there will be commission?! Don’t miss out!
- Only share your work once you have submitted it to us to avoid others stealing your work. Also, state that the art is for our contest to get the word out! Try not to copy the style that others have made because we want to see as much diversity as possible. Send any drafts or brainstorming questions to @JimmyFantage on instagram or Discord for any pointers.
So here is the recap:
- Fantage Legacy has been DISCONTINUED. Please do not continue to harass M about when it will open.
- In place of Fantage Legacy, Plan Z will OPEN (a new game that has yet to be named).
- Our new game will NOT happen overnight. We understand that some (if not most) of you will lose interest until you physically see something you can interact with for yourself. We respect your decision to move on, and we’ll see you back here when we publicly launch the game. For those of you that stick with us through development, we’ll see you in closed beta sometime between September-November of 2018!
- All donations for Fantage Legacy have been refunded back to users.
- Our website, (www.fantagelegacy.com) will remain open for users to reference our previous Fantage Legacy project. Over the next few days, we will convert the website into a archive of Fantage information to remember it by what it was. If you would like to help with this process, please email us at email@example.com.
- We are still early on in the development of our new game, so we will periodically open more positions over time. These will not be voluntary positions, and will include the addition of more administrators, marketing specialists, and front end designers.
- All job listings that were publicly posted have been removed.
- We are still making our way through all of the design applications because we are still looking for some solid designers. (Sorry moderator applicants, but you have been pushed to the back of the priority list.)
- All design applications should have received some type of email back in regards to the status of their application by August 1st, 2018.
- New design contest! Send your best NEW designs to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to work with us on our new project, Plan Z! The contest is open from Now to (July 31st, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST)! Show off your new avatar, location, world map, or user-interface designs!
We would like to thank all of our supporters for sticking with us from day one. We understand the disappointment of not being able to see Fantage Legacy come to life. All of us here hope that you continue to support our new project in place of Fantage Legacy. Our goal is to continue to share and create new memories with friends, in an environment that allows for everyone to have fun. The early stages in game development are the most important, and we need the feedback of everyone. Now is the time to create.
Like stated above, we understand that most of you will leave the scene until you can see the resulting product itself. You won’t hurt any of our feelings by leaving, we promise. Meantime there are some other great games on the market (IMVU, Line Play, Webkinz, Animal Jam) that you can entertain yourself with until we publicly open. All of us working on the Fantage Legacy project have been donating our time for you to attempt to make something happen. We are not getting paid to do this by anyone, just keep that in mind as you attempt to flood the comment section with negativity.
I have full confidence in this fantastic group of individuals that will be converted into their new roles of this new production, and I can’t wait to see what we can create together with the help of the dedicated individuals in the community. It all starts with you.
So what are you waiting for?! Fire up Photoshop or whatever program you like to use and start coming up with some awesome new concepts and designs!
For questions about these new updates, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Catch ya later,
-The Fantage Legacy Team