I will be addressing the public today in regards to updates with the project, staff, and community.
- As of yesterday (3/13/19), Jimmy will no longer be involved with the development of this game. This decision comes from comments that were publicly posted on the Fantage Community Discord server by Jimmy. The comments are deemed inappropriate, disrespectful, and an abuse of community manager power.
- Jimmy has received multiple warnings regarding interactions with the community, and was found violating our code of conduct for the third time. We are dedicated to providing our users with a safely controlled environment that is managed by qualified personnel, and have therefore decided it was time to part ways with Jimmy. I appreciate all of the hard work Jimmy has provided for this game, and wish him all the best.
- We are now searching for a new community manager to fill Jimmy’s position. The position details are posted on the previous blog post, and will be open until the position is filled. This position is administrative, and will have direct reports to the project leader. We are an equal-opportunity employer, and therefore encourage all users that are interested to apply.
- We will no longer be endorsing the Fantage Community Discord server. Over the past few months, many of our community members have joined the server expanding it to over 1000 members, which is incredible. In place of the Fantage Community Discord server, we will be launching our own Plan Z Discord server. This will allow for users to more easily access, and discuss changes/events/news with Plan Z personnel. We will be releasing the Plan Z Discord server to the public within a few weeks.
- I would like to thank Jiko, the owner of the Fantage Community Discord server for allowing us to use the Discord server that she created and maintains regularly. She will receive a special honor in the game, along with complimentary premium membership for a year. If you get an opportunity, make sure you take a moment to thank Jiko for her dedication to the Fantage Community Discord. She does a lot of work behind the scenes to keep it organized and maintained. It would not be possible without her.
- We will no longer be updating the blog regularly displaying game progress. This decision comes from backlash we have received from the community that is unjustifiably unacceptable towards this team. The expectations some members in this community have set regarding how much control they have over what updates are posted, and demands that are created are not only rude, but disrespectful to all of the hard work my fellow team members and I put into development. I am disappointed in some of the comments I have seen from community members mocking our assets, progress, and or fellow team members. If you have made a comment as described above, this decision comes because of your actions. We see a lot more than you think, and this is direct outcome from it.
- We are all taking time out of our own lives to create something that will be better than anything you have seen before, and this is how you treat those people? If you have made one of those comments, you have nobody to blame but yourself. For those of you that appreciated the updates we gave, I sincerely apologize for the disappointment you now have.
- We will still poll the community every now and again when deemed appropriate. We still value feedback when it is necessary to proceed with development.
- Development of Plan Z will continue as normal. The game is NOT stopping development.
I hope that most of you understand now how powerful a voice is, and how serious it can be. Words can not express how disappointed I am in the level of disrespect some of you have pushed towards this project that is designed to be something better than you have ever seen. Some of you do not deserve the privilege of participating in the development of this game simply for that reason.
That’s all for now,
We’re now searching for a new community manager for Plan Z. Here is a brief rundown of what duties our community manager has:
- Maintain and manage all forms of communication in regards to Plan Z.
- Play close attention to messages that are sent by users via messaging applications, or comments that are made on social media platforms to collect feedback, or answer questions in regards to Plan Z.
- Work closely with the Project Leader in finding and creating creative ways to advertise new content to users.
- Lead a team of moderators in determining suspensions for users that break our terms and conditions, rules, and or guidelines that are set in place.
This position has direct reports to the Project Leader.
Some qualifications are:
- Past experience managing communities
- Past experience designing marketing material or advertisements is a plus
- Past experience using video editing software is a plus
- Past experience managing spreadsheets, charts, and writing reports is a plus
- Past experience using MySQL queries is a plus
- Past experience designing/managing Discord servers, bots, and using moderation commands is a plus
- Past experience designing/managing WordPress blogs, websites, or themes is a plus
- This position requires strong attention to detail
If you think you have what it takes, we invite you to apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/KMNS7pl64hbANpQ52
Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org for application assistance, or questions about the position!
Catch ya later,
We aren’t finished just yet, and have another (small) update!
Over the past few days, we have received a lot of questions about what the characters in the game are going to look like. We reworked a couple of the existing characters, and added a few more options:
We haven’t decided if we will utilize the orange skin on the right yet, but if it is something you would like to see let us know!
Artists, creators, designers, do your thing!
That’s all for now!
Catch ya later,
The biggest update in update history has arrived! I like to update the blog on the 3rd day of the month just to keep tradition, so I apologize for not getting this published yesterday! My video editing software seems to be having rendering issues so… while I continue to look into that, here is a little preview of what is to come!
(Some features may be beta only, require premium membership, or may be subject to change.)
I am super proud of the team and the progress we have made so far. To be self-funded, and to invest a lot of my own money and time into the production of this game, I am grateful for each and every one of you. I am completely speechless and appreciate all of the support and love you guys give. Looking forward, I think you guys have a lot to look forward to… #ALLIN
That’s all….. for now!
Catch ya later,
New year, new sneak peek! Unfortunately, they made me block out the logo, and the names of the servers that are currently visible… but hey one of my buddies happens to be online!
I also got the thumbs up to talk a little about our favorite feature…. the chat.
- We will open with three active servers. The chat mode you are currently enrolled in will determine which server(s) you will have access to.
- We will open with two chat modes. Those chat modes will be Moderated and Safe. Moderated Chat will be… moderated, by folks like M! All messages sent via the public Moderated Chat will be visible to users that are in the same room… so yes, the days of having pesky filters ruining online games has come to an end.
- How will we ever combat those users that decide to try to take advantage of the system? Well that is where our moderators (people like M), come in. Our moderators will consider criteria that is predefined and use their own judgement to disable users that are causing a disturbance online. All user messages sent via public chat, instant messenger, and comments will be reviewed. So users may not always be disabled right away, but don’t worry… the law will catch up with them… “queue M chasing people down the street with a baseball bat“
- Safe Chat will be our safest option, only allowing users to send messages that have been pre-typed by our team.
- We believe that by defining server specific chat modes, we will enable more age groups to take advantage of playing our new game, in the safest way possible. The chat mode you are currently enrolled in can always be changed via your 4-digit pin and email verification. Each server will still have the same content across the board, so no need to worry about another group getting access to a special item you can’t get!
Q and A Notes:
- Question: “M you do realize there are 4 server options in that photo right?”
- Answer: Yes I do realize that, the name for the last one is “Server Option 4” so there wasn’t really a need to cover it… Realistically, if you’re on Moderated Chat, you will only see two servers, Safe Chat users will only see one server at launch. If we expand, (hopefully) you will have a much larger server selection.
- Question: “M when is the game going to be released?”
- Answer: It’s extremely hard to determine. I’m really bad at giving estimates, so let me just say THIS YEAR to be safe and avoid any riots.
- Question: “M why don’t you start a Kickstarter or GoFundMe to fund the game?”
- Answer: We will invest our resources in you guys (the players) before the game even opens to the public. So we need you guys (the players) to help our development by making purchases from our store (Membership and Stars) once we open for testing… so the future of this game is dependent on you guys.
- Question: “M what is this ‘star’ you just mentioned?”
- Answer: Stars are our premium currency that can be purchased from our online store! Items purchased with stars will often be discounted, and never disappear from your inventory, regardless of membership status!
- Question: “Will another in-game currency ever be released?”
- Answer: No, this isn’t Fantage.
- Question: “M what is the name of the game?”
- Answer: “_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _” (PS there may or may not be spaces/special characters!)
- Question: “When should we expect a website for the game?”
- Answer: We’ll release the website, and name of the game all at the same time.
- Question: “M I want to help. How can I help?”
- Answer: Would you be interested in donating? All of us working on the project have been working without any funding in our spare time… Item concepts are also cool! I love seeing what you guys come up with! (Prompts to user angela#3413 on Discord for some awesome looking designs! Nice work!)
- Question: “M do you like Coke or Pepsi more?”
- Answer: Water!!!
That’s all I have time for today!
Catch ya later!
Not allowed to say much, but I will leave you with this one and only sneak peak of the new game!
(The top left hand corner has been blurred out to cover the logo.)
An ALL NEW exciting website is in the works, where you can register your new account! The name, other assets, and more information will be kept secret for now! Be on the lookout for our next post, where we will invite everyone to a LIVE conference call to display and demo our new project. You won’t want to miss it!
Will the wait be worth it…?
That’s all for now!
Long time no update! It has been awhile hasn’t it?
I was recently checking stats and I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone for helping us get (over) 100,000 views…! Which is extremely incredible… Jimmy and I would like to thank each and every one of you.
From the beginning, we knew we wanted to design something that compliments the ideas of our fans/users/friends. Like I stated a couple weeks ago, we are still working on a design that achieves this goal.
I am still very much actively checking the Google Doc that was created by a few users, and I still actively checking the Fantage Community Discord Legacy Discussion channel for what new ideas, suggestions, and comments you guys have to say. This incredible process all starts with you guys.
We are still attempting to finalize a name… this has been an extremely difficult task. We have had so many different ideas thrown at us, and it hasn’t helped the decision making process… We are also on the verge of completing a ‘finalized‘ avatar template that will be released alongside our official website in the upcoming weeks. Once we release our official website, this development blog will be converted to an archive of Fantage data.
Game development doesn’t happen overnight, and we appreciate your patience as we get going.
Catch ya later,