We have some really exciting news today… the results from the July Design Contest Poll are finally in! Thank you Agent Scarlet who took the time to go through the results and disqualify the entries from users who did not register their email and username with us, or participate in the July Features poll. She also found a few duplicate entries from users that were also removed.
Here were the Top 3 entries in order:
Fan Favorite Number One
Fan Favorite Number Two
Fan Favorite Number Three
Here is a breakdown of some numbers if you’re into that sort of thing:
- Over 60% of ALL valid votes.
- Grossed over 350 valid votes from users.
- Over 8% of ALL valid votes.
- Grossed over 45 valid votes from users.
- Just under 8% of ALL valid votes.
- Just over 40 valid votes from users.
As you can see, Number 8 was our most popular entry. This tells us a lot about what kind of design and style we need to utilize for our game. All of our entries had different tastes and looks so this information is extremely useful to us. Thank you to everyone who participated in either voting for an entry, or creating an entry. I know a lot of you asked for feedback on why your designs didn’t make our top ten list, but a lot of it just really came down to picking different styles to get a large array of designs for you guys to get to choose from.
We will start working from here…
CALLING ALL DESIGNERS:
We need designs that MATCH Number 8. Time to take out those pixel making skills again because we need you to come up with some assets for these new characters! We are still looking to hire a full-time designer for characters, and this could be you! Just send us what you can come up with to firstname.lastname@example.org! We are looking for the following assets:
- Hair designs
- Eye designs
- Shirt designs
- Pants designs
- Outfit designs
- Costume designs
- Shoe designs
- Accessory designs
- Hover board designs
- NPC designs (Non-Playing Characters or Mascots)
- World Map designs
- Location designs
- User-Interface designs
We are still in need of these assets and need our users to create some stuff they would like to see in this game! This is YOUR chance to make something or potentially work this us. There is no deadline for now on when we need to see the items listed above. (As soon as possible would be cool though.)
We also have a couple of housekeeping announcements:
- It is that time of year again! BACK TO SCHOOL! We know a lot of you will be busy with school work, or extra curricular activities and that is 100% okay! Even M gets caught up in life believe it or not… with work and school so I apologize in advance for maybe a lack in updates during the school season. There is no need to constantly send emails to support asking for M to be more active… trust me I see them. I promise we will do the best we can at keeping our website, and partnership with the Fantage Community Discord as smooth and accessible as possible.
- All of us would like to wish the best to Presley, who is one of the major contributors to this project on the backend. She does a lot with applications, and has helped with all of our contests. We certainly would not be where we are today without her. She was recently involved in a very tragic event that involved a motor vehicle accident. We ask that everyone keep her in their thoughts as she recovers from this tragedy.
That’s all for now!
Catch ya later,
The July Design Contest has finally ended! That means it is time to vote! To keep the results as fair as possible, we have set up a few guidelines to remember while you choose your favorite entry:
- The voting form will ask you for a Fantage Username and Email Address. This combination MUST be the same combination that you used for our July Features Poll if you participated. If you forget the combination that you used, please email email@example.com to retrieve the combination. This means that only the users who participated in our last voting poll may participate in our July Design Contest poll. Under certain circumstances we will allow for users to participate if they missed the previous poll. If this applies to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get it straightened out for you.
- If you enter an invalid Fantage Username or Email combination, your vote will be deleted automatically to help combat voting fraud.
- We need our users to be honest when they vote. We need the most accurate data as possible.
- If you are a participant in the July Design Contest and you see your work in the Top 10:
- You may vote for your own work.
- Please do not advertise your work to other users. Names have been covered to help prevent this. Promoting your work to other users will result in immediate disqualification from the contest and no commission contract negotiations will be pursued. The admins and moderators of the Fantage Community Discord Server have been notified of reporting any instances of this to us.
- If you win, you win. If you lose, you lose. Please be a good sport.
- If you are a participant in the July Design Contest and you do not see your work in the Top 10:
- Do not be discouraged. We had a lot of hard choices to make with a lot of entries in this contest.
- Just because you do not see your work in the top ten selected by us does not mean we will not pursue you at a later time… you never know!
Here are the Top 10 entries:
From all of us here currently working on the project, THANK YOU PARTICIPANTS! We had so many good entries, and so many tough decisions to make when selecting what we thought were the Top 10 entries submitted by you guys. Please keep in mind that this survey is geared towards finding what you guys like too, not just us. We still may change the design entirely, or we may just leave it the same. Everything is still subject to change and nothing is set in stone yet. We want to find the most interest as possible, which is why we are so open to hearing all of the suggestions that you guys have for us. Heading in the right direction will be the key to our success, and that all starts with you guys.
Click HERE to vote!
Thank you for participating in our July Design Contest Survey! Happy voting, and thank you for all of the great entries participants! It will be users like you that help shape our new game.
(Our Ticker News module on the side panel of the blog will display smaller news updates that are too small to be posted as a blog post. It is a great way to keep closer in touch!)
Catch ya later,
Our first survey was a success! First, Agent Scarlet had a few remarks…
Apparently 29.3% of you don’t like Agent Scarlet… Don’t worry! She will get over it…. I hope?
We would like to thank all of our participants who took the time to take the survey! Our beginning development stages are the most crucial and your patience, ideas, and creativity are all appreciated!
As you could tell from the survey questions, we are focusing on a few big areas:
- Account Security
- Player Safety
- Communicating with Friends Online
- Membership/In-Game Upgrades
- Game Features
- Game Design
Many of you expressed concerns with your account security. We want to take further strides in making your account more secure as multiple users reported having their online accounts exposed to hackers. Many of you also expressed concerns with how you could communicate with others in the game. Nearly 79% of our survey participants believe that communicating with other users on Fantage.com was a bad experience. We will continue to experiment with your ideas to improve how you can communicate with users.
Another big focus for us will be game features. Over 75% of our survey participants believe all users should have the ability to trade items. So….. you spoke and we listened. We will include a newly designed trading system that will allow you to trade directly with other users on your server. Users will be able to set preferences on who can trade with them. There will be a trade value limit, preventing users from marking up prices. Additionally, we may release select items that can not be traded. We believe that taking these additional steps to prevent market value trading on other websites will improve the overall trading experience.
Design is our next biggest challenge. Over 96% of you would like to see the same type of pixel game, with over 89% of you thinking that we should keep users floating on hover boards. That is where our July Design Contest comes in:
- Users still have until (July 31st, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST) to submit their new concept designs for Plan Z!
- On August 1st, our team will select our best entries and post another survey with these entries. Users will be able to select their favorites, and at the end of the survey period our team will analyze the results and select the best design.
- Keep sending those entries our way if you have not yet! Send entries to: email@example.com with July Design Contest as the subject. Make sure to include your Fantage username in the body, along with your project! If you have already submitted your entry, do not worry about re-submitting if you did not include your Fantage username.
- For tips and guidelines, check out our contest page by clicking here.
That’s all we have for now!
More updates are in the works! Make sure you keep sending those entries in before time runs out!
PS: To those of you working on the Plan Z Idea List on Google Docs, nice work! Make sure you add your name/username under the Contributor section! M is always interested in hearing your ideas!
To further advance our research and development of our new project, Plan Z, we will be conducting a survey. Your participation and honesty while taking this survey is crucial to our beginning stages of this new project. We would like to see as many people participate in this survey as possible to get the best results.
Here is the link to our survey: (Survey has closed)
We have been informed of some confusion on the contest we are currently holding. We will be posting more specifics in the coming days as we compile some frequently asked questions from participants.
Participation has been good, but we would still like to see some more designs that you guys have come up with!
As always, if you have any questions please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Catch ya later,
Long awaited updates are finally here! Unfortunately we have to start with bad news…
On July 1st, 2018 our support email received the following message from Fantage.com:
Fantage.com admins have been informed of a possible copyright infringement against our digital items. Fantage.com has not given permission for any third parties to use any digital content, illegal use of Fantage.com assets is strictly prohibited and Fantage.com will pursue necessary action if needed.
So there are a few things that could have happened:
- Someone notified Fantage.com about what we were doing. (Thanks anonymous)
- Fantage.com found out about our project themselves based on the recent spike in popularity in our project.
What does that mean for Fantage Legacy Edition?
- We have no options but to cancel this project.
So… what do we do now?
- Time to commence Plan Z. (I love Plan Z.)
M, what is Plan Z?
- Plan Z is our backup plan. Our backup plan is simple… Create a new game SIMILAR to Fantage.com. So we can’t use THEIR content, however if we create new content based off of their content… we are in the clear. The full creation of this game will be a very slow, and very time consuming process. So we need YOUR help.
- Starting today (July 12th, 2018), we will be holding a contest. To all of the creative, artistic users out there, here is your shot to impress the world:
- We need new avatar designs, new location designs, and new user-interface designs.
- DIGITAL DESIGNS (Using programs such as: Photoshop, Paint.NET, Illustrator, Paint, Flash) will be the only entries we will accept. Please do not send us hand drawn entries.
- We want a design SIMILAR to Fantage. Not the exact same thing, but SIMILAR. (Yes we still want human avatars, hover-boards, and Agent Scarlet)
- The theme of Plan Z will remain the same as Fantage… futuristic, fun, and fantastic. (Yes we still want chibi, anime characters based on the characters from Fantage.)
- Send your designs to: email@example.com
- The contest will be open until (July 31st, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST)! Users will have until then to show us their creative skills! I even heard from a trustworthy source that if a winner agrees to work with us, there will be commission?! Don’t miss out!
- Only share your work once you have submitted it to us to avoid others stealing your work. Also, state that the art is for our contest to get the word out! Try not to copy the style that others have made because we want to see as much diversity as possible. Send any drafts or brainstorming questions to @JimmyFantage on instagram or Discord for any pointers.
So here is the recap:
- Fantage Legacy has been DISCONTINUED. Please do not continue to harass M about when it will open.
- In place of Fantage Legacy, Plan Z will OPEN (a new game that has yet to be named).
- Our new game will NOT happen overnight. We understand that some (if not most) of you will lose interest until you physically see something you can interact with for yourself. We respect your decision to move on, and we’ll see you back here when we publicly launch the game. For those of you that stick with us through development, we’ll see you in closed beta sometime between September-November of 2018!
- All donations for Fantage Legacy have been refunded back to users.
- Our website, (www.fantagelegacy.com) will remain open for users to reference our previous Fantage Legacy project. Over the next few days, we will convert the website into a archive of Fantage information to remember it by what it was. If you would like to help with this process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are still early on in the development of our new game, so we will periodically open more positions over time. These will not be voluntary positions, and will include the addition of more administrators, marketing specialists, and front end designers.
- All job listings that were publicly posted have been removed.
- We are still making our way through all of the design applications because we are still looking for some solid designers. (Sorry moderator applicants, but you have been pushed to the back of the priority list.)
- All design applications should have received some type of email back in regards to the status of their application by August 1st, 2018.
- New design contest! Send your best NEW designs to email@example.com for a chance to work with us on our new project, Plan Z! The contest is open from Now to (July 31st, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST)! Show off your new avatar, location, world map, or user-interface designs!
We would like to thank all of our supporters for sticking with us from day one. We understand the disappointment of not being able to see Fantage Legacy come to life. All of us here hope that you continue to support our new project in place of Fantage Legacy. Our goal is to continue to share and create new memories with friends, in an environment that allows for everyone to have fun. The early stages in game development are the most important, and we need the feedback of everyone. Now is the time to create.
Like stated above, we understand that most of you will leave the scene until you can see the resulting product itself. You won’t hurt any of our feelings by leaving, we promise. Meantime there are some other great games on the market (IMVU, Line Play, Webkinz, Animal Jam) that you can entertain yourself with until we publicly open. All of us working on the Fantage Legacy project have been donating our time for you to attempt to make something happen. We are not getting paid to do this by anyone, just keep that in mind as you attempt to flood the comment section with negativity.
I have full confidence in this fantastic group of individuals that will be converted into their new roles of this new production, and I can’t wait to see what we can create together with the help of the dedicated individuals in the community. It all starts with you.
So what are you waiting for?! Fire up Photoshop or whatever program you like to use and start coming up with some awesome new concepts and designs!
For questions about these new updates, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catch ya later,
-The Fantage Legacy Team
I know updates have been…. lacking. So to make up for it, Officer Russel took a screenshot of an encounter he had earlier today! Check it out below:
What could this mean… A new design?! Next week sounds like a big preview of the future of the game.
That’s all for now!
After looking through many different applications, we have selected another admin for Fantage Legacy! Thank you to everyone who applied for this administrator position. I’m super excited to have Presley working with us on the project.
Presley is our Design Leader, and will work with the design aspect of the game. She has been around Fantage for a long period of time, and I know she will help us enhance the user-experience of the game. Her username in Fantage Legacy will be K. Her biography, and contact information can be found by clicking here.
That’s all for now!